As demonstrated at the FarmShare Adventure CSA and Warehouse Market
3-4 large ripe tomatoes
1⁄2-1 medium sweet onion, depending on how much onion you like (Vidalia is my favorite)
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1⁄2 cup fresh tarragon leaves
1 Avocado (diced or sliced)
- Cut tomatoes into bite size pieces.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Peel a cut onion in half vertically.
- Along edge of open side, “sliver” cut onion and add to tomatoes.
- Add the rest of ingredients and toss lightly.
- Marinate for at least an hour. (serve with fresh avocado slices)