FarmShare Adventure CSA
What is a CSA? CSA = Community Supported Agriculture
The purpose of the Farm Share Adventure is to provide to you with a range of locally grown produce through our peak growing season. Local for us is Fresh from Florida.
We make this bounty available to you through a biweekly subscription to the Farm Share Adventure. The Farm Share Adventure is part of the Urban Farming Institute. UFI is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
This season UFI is partnering with Green Good Express to expand on the idea of a terrific FarmShare Adventure. This will be a CSA model that we’ve not used before and it’s going to be another first for UFI.
UFI is known for some pretty great hydroponically grown produce. Grown right here in Oakland Park. We’ve expanded the approach with Green Goods Express by nearly doubling the size of the Chef’s Hydroponic Garden as well as sourcing, through Green Good Express, other plant-based products. (Special thanks to Green Goods Express for sponsoring the expansion of the Chef’s Hydroponic Garden).
There are a couple of very big changes in the FarmShare program this season.
1. Most importantly is that the share will be offered every 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month through April. We’ve made this change because nearly all of our subscribers choose every other week pickup. This schedule evens out the sourcing process and should make the FarmShare program more efficient.
2. The cost of the share will be $350 for the season. That’s 9 pickups if you start this weekend. However, you can start at any time and pay only for the remaining weeks in the FarmShare season.
3. The trial period FarmShare is still available. To give the trial a fair shake the test is two shares at priced at $85 for the two shares. If you choose to continue you can subscribe and pay the amount due for the remaining weeks in the season.
Some things will remain the same:
1. Regular pickup times for the FarmShare will be Saturday mornings between 10 and 2 at the UFI – Education and Resource Center in Oakland Park.
2. We’ll be providing a heads up as to what to expect in your share. However, this selection cannot be guaranteed due to weather, insects, and general pickiness of the farmer making the selections for the FarmShare Adventure.
Every week there will be from 10 – 12 food items in the share. Sometimes there will be more than 12 but this depends on our partner farms.
We think you’ll really like this approach and we look forward to your comments and suggestions.